Speak to the best De Facto Relationship Lawyer Perth has to offer. Today, couples in de facto relationships are entitled to the same rights and claims at law as married couples. We can protect your interests and advise you on your rights and entitlements in a de facto relationship.
The first step is to determine if your de facto relationship fits within the definition set out under the Family Law Act in Australia.
Some of the factors to consider in determining whether de facto relationships fit within the definition set out under the Family Law Act include:
- the duration of the relationship
- the nature and extent of cohabitation
- the degree of financial dependence or interdependence and arrangements for financial support
- the ownership, use and acquisition of property
- existence of a sexual relationship
- whether the relationship is or was registered under a prescribed law of a State/Territory
- the care and support of children of the relationship
- public representation of a relationship and commitment to a shared life
Apex Family Lawyers & Mediators can advise you on whether your relationship constitutes a de facto relationship in the eyes of the law.
We will help you navigate your entitlements and assist you to protect your assets before or during a relationship via a financial agreement, or after a de facto relationship with a financial settlement.
Contact us for a confidential discussion about your de facto relationship separation.